Over the last two decades, merchants worldwide have invested heavily in eCommerce applications to solve their specific challenges in web catalog management — including such areas as product presentation, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI) and automated data collection.
Yet, recently, a growing number of businesses are realizing that these solutions, while excellent at addressing very specific challenges, have not helped solve their web catalog management problems.
In fact, if anything, these essential applications have created yet another silo where product data resides and evolves independently from the other systems in the enterprise. This, in turn, leads to duplicate, conflicting, incomplete and erroneous information that prevents effective web catalog management, decreases conversions, hurts sales, and hinders business responsiveness and decision making.
A Better Way — Web Catalog Management
STEP’s web catalog management functionality streamlines the process of producing digital product catalogs used for eCommerce or e-trading. Specifically, STEP helps merchants with the following product information management activities:
- Creating and maintaining browse hierarchies for more effective web catalog management
- Linking products to categories
- Cross-linking products for cross-sell and up-sell
- Creating and maintaining product information content displayed on the website
- Creating and maintaining product groups (such as kits)
- Linking digital media assets including images, video, PDF documentation
- Creating and maintaining metadata for site search and SEO
- Maintaining multilingual catalogs
Web Catalog Management for a Multichannel World
STEP helps improve multichannel publishing and
product information management processes by centralizing product information and images. Automated workflow ensures priorities are highlighted and the status of production visible to the organization. And the system’s automated production tools improve productivity and allow more time for creative design.